You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
LNG Value Chain
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Fire Training Officer
Safety Environment and Quality
Develop, conduct and evaluate training programs in Emergency Response, Life & Fire Safety, fire prevention, protection, rescue and firefighting procedures, to fulfill the company’s mandatory and skill maintenance training requirements for employees and fire crew.
Key Job Accountabilities :
1. Identify the fire training and development needs of the company and formulate the training plans for further consideration and implementation.
2. Develops standard methods of instruction and prepares training programs including incident command and command & management to consistently support fire crew, fire officers; and for the new recruits / trainee to accomplish their Individual Development Plans (IDPs), Individual Training Plans (ITPs) etc.
3. Deliver training for company employees / contactors / visitors on the requisite emergency response and fire awareness knowledge / skills for the use and practice during emergency and non-emergency situations.
4. Trains and exercise the fire crew to develop and maintain the tactical & technical skills and physical fitness to ensure effective emergency response to all anticipated scenario including rescue & hazmat at all times and ensure the required certification / recertification standards are met as per company requirements and international standards.
5. Develops and implements appropriate training monitoring & evaluation systems to ensure consistent reporting, analysis of results, timely follow-up and close out of gaps to enhance training quality and effectiveness.
6. Develops policies and procedures which are fit for Emergency Response and Fire training purposes.
7. Maintains training related equipment, facilities, and training aids operational at all times and meets relevant codes and standards and QG policy & procedures.
8. Organizes and conducts training in fire prevention for external stakeholders including employee families, shareholders, business partners, suppliers and local communities.
9. Assists Head of Emergency Response Planning & Crisis Management in the process of planning, preparation of budget and objective setting of the section.
•Successfully completed higher secondary education. •Complete associated / relevant qualifications from a recognized institute (Completion of Fire-Fighter I & II, Crew Command, Watch Command, Command & Operation, Fire Inspector, Fire Service Instructor I & II, Advanced HSE Advisor and Fire Investigation.)
•8 years experience including 3 years as an Emergency Response / Fire Officer in Energy or similar industry. Knowledge of current national and international legislation related to Fire & Rescue. · Confident and clear presentation development and delivery skills · Independent, able to work under minimum supervision · Computer literate, familiar working with Microsoft office applications · Strong problem solving and analytical skills · Ability to get new approaches accepted (e.g. Fire ground training scenarios)