You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Head - Project Controls
Responsible for Company stewardship of high quality and complete process controls throughout the FEED process and beyond. Ensures that the Project’s requirements for all project controls and plans are fully executed by the FEED Contractor per project schedule. Stewards project controls aspects of the Project with other discipline leads on the PMT, as necessary.
Key Job Accountabilities:
1. Responsible for ensuring that proper and effective project control measures are executed by the Pre-FEED contractor with particular emphasis on schedule planning, progress monitoring and instituting pre-emptive correct actions.
2. Provides project cost, schedule, progress measurement and timely change management expertise to Project Team. Maintain strict compliance with Project Management of Change process and ensure to maintain the cost and schedule.
3. Coordinates the collection, consolidation, analysis and reporting of all Project cost, schedule, progress measurement and control, trends to ensure overall project status is assessed and potential problem areas are identified and communicated.
4. Reviews project changes to evaluate any schedule and/or cost impact; responsible for importing the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall cost and schedule stewardship and reporting.
5. Leads the monitoring and appraising performance of the FEED Contractor in the areas of cost control, progress measurement and schedule control.
6. Leads development of multiple Cost / Schedule driven Contracting Scenarios for feeding into effective Contracting Strategy workshops.
7. Leads ongoing project cost and schedule analysis, reporting, forecasting, and change management.
8. Responsible for development of Class III cost and schedule estimate and bid check estimates for Process Engineering License packages / Early Site Works / EPC ITB and Long Lead Items.
9. Develop Bid Evaluation Plans, Procedures and Models, including Hypothetical Change Order basket for evaluating Technical Bid and Price Bids.
10. Promotes inter-departmental communications and encourages teamwork. Establishes clear communication between the PMT and Contractor.
11. Backfills for NFE Offshore Project Manager.
** Please note this is an overseas assignment, based in Japan. Confirmed contract duration at FEED stage will be 12 months.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Business Administration.
• 15+ years of experience in the area of cost estimating, scheduling and project controls with a minimum of 5 years in leadership positions. • Minimum of 5 years experience associated with engineering, procurement and construction of onshore facilities. • Hands on experience in interrogating SmartPlant databases for Contractors Estimate validation and guide contractor to develop high-level modularized cost components. • Demonstrated experience in Brownfield Project execution and specific vulnerabilities associated with Cost and Schedule drivers. • A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English. • Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications.