You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
LNG Value Chain
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Contract Engineering Specialist
Responsible for Company design and engineering of contracts for various purposes in support of project objectives. Key contracts to include those for process licensors, long lead item procurement, third party sub-contractors, and potential long term support agreements (LTSAs), development of EPC ITB package and tender process and compliance with the Project Management System.
Key Job Accountabilities:
1. Works in an evolving business environment with a high degree of complexity and demanding workload.
2. Works effectively within established procedures or creates and gains alignment around new procedures as necessary to advance the project objectives while adhering to QGMS requirements.
3. Establishes firm and fair working relationship with FEED contractor.
4. Undertakes complex tasks and acts as a source of guidance for staff and internal customers. Can handle all but the most complex problems and difficulties.
5. Leads development of multiple Cost/Schedule driven Contracting Scenarios for feeding into effective Contracting Strategy workshops.
6. Responsible for development of Class III cost and schedule estimate and bid check estimates for Process Engineering License packages/Early Site Works/EPC ITB and Long Lead Items.
7. Develop Bid Evaluation Plans, Procedures and Models, including Hypothetical Change Order basket for evaluating Technical Bid and Price Bids.
8. Promotes inter-departmental communications and encourages teamwork. Establishes clear communication between the PMT and Contractor.
9. Progresses contracts from dual detailed and strategic perspective taking account of lifecycle value creation.
** Please note this is an overseas assignment, based in Japan. Confirmed contract duration at FEED stage will be 12 months.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Business Administration. • Hands on engineering knowledge in one of core discipline engineering (Process / Mechanical / Piping etc.) coupled with professional qualifications in Contract Engineering.
• 15+ years of experience in the area of contracting, scheduling and project controls with a minimum of 5 years in leadership positions. • Minimum of 5 years experience associated with engineering, procurement and construction of onshore facilities. • Hands on experience in interrogating SmartPlant databases for Contractors Estimate validation and guide contractor to develop high-level modularized cost components. • Demonstrated experience in Brownfield Project execution and specific vulnerabilities associated with Cost and Schedule drivers. • A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English. • Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications.