You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
LNG Value Chain
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Plan, manage, coordinate and monitor the Safety, Health, Environment and Security issues pertaining to the NFE Onshore project to ensure project deliverables comply with approved project plans.
Key Job Accountabilities:
1. Responsible for the organization, planning and execution of project SHE&S team.
2. Conducts periodic meetings with the Contractor to review progress and report on the status of the project.
3. Leads the SHE&S management team, promoting effective consensus building where appropriate and coaching for the optimum performance of supervised staff.
4. Authorize and audit all FEED and EPC contract safety and performance reports.
5. Authorize and implement all site safety procedures and asset in the development of both project and site safety policies.
6. Responsible for weekly, monthly, and annual reporting on project SHE &S activities progress, schedule and safety.
7. Coordinates with Contractors SHE&S personnel, project management team, project personnel and Qatargas operating personnel for all SHE&S project deliverables.
8. Provides SHE &S input to contractors and PMT during all phases of the project.
9. Ensures cost effective Safety programs are utilized by the PMT to improve project efficiency, reduce project costs and maintain high safety level and schedule along with the highest quality.
10. Coordinates and reviews project SHE&S procedures.
11. Maintains SHE&S interfaces with Contractor, PMT, and other functional SHE&S managers.
12. Coordinates the scheduling of SHE&S field personnel activities to ensure adequate coverage for project requirements.
13. Assist in the implementation of Qatargas cost control procedures and change order evaluation.
14. Manages and directs project SHE&S staff.
15. Responsible for championing Company Safety, Health and Environment and Quality policies and programs and carrying out specific duties and responsibilities related to this job as speed out in Management system documentation policies procedures, local documentation, Management System Manual and other related documents.
Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Engineering or equivalent within SHE&S disciplines.
• 15+ years of experience as a SHE&S professional including 5+ years in a second line management position. • Recent (within the last 5 years) experience of SHE&S management on mega projects’ FEED and EPC phases (>USD$1G total capital expenditure). • A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English. • Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications.