You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Package Engineering Specialist
Responsible for supporting Head Mechanical Engineer in delivering high quality and complete package deliverables from FEED contractor. Ensures that the Project’s requirement for package engineering deliverables are fully executed by the FEED contractor per project schedule. Stewards package engineering aspects of the Project scope with other disciplines in the engineering team and PMT as necessary.
Key Job Accountabilities:
1. Responsible for Operability of the unit or plant for start-up, normal, turndown and shutdown modes as well as abnormal operating conditions in defined area of responsibility.
2. Participates in Hazardous Operations (HAZOP or HAZID) reviews.
3. Assists with QGMS expectations as required especially Risk Assessment, Facility Design and Construction and Management of Change.
4. Tracking and reporting of lessons learned in defined area of responsibility.
5. Monitor implementation of vendor package documentation requirements and spare parts requirements.
6. Works in a highly visible project environment with large capital expenditures and significant schedule execution pressures.
7. Works in a dynamic environment that has high expectations for flawless project execution in safety, quality, cost and schedule performance which requires the incumbent to demonstrate accuracy initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
8. Well established awareness of policies and procedures with high expectations for business controls compliance and to further develop controls to meet changing needs.
9. Effective team play who collaborates well and often with others with the highest levels of integrity and communication skills.
10. Establishes credibility with peers, subordinates and supervisors.
** Please note this is an overseas assignment, based in Japan. Confirmed contract duration at FEED stage will be 12 months.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical Engineering).
• 15+ years of experience in discipline with at least five years recent demonstrated experience in major capital projects working on packaged equipment. • Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry • Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from variety of cultural backgrounds • A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English • Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications.