You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
LNG Value Chain
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Senior Mechanical Technician
Operations Technical Support
• Carry out the Installation, Commissioning, Start-up, Preventive and Corrective Mechanical maintenance activities of all plant equipment/systems, adhering to company’s SE&Q policy.
• Prepare PTW/JSA, TBT and other supporting documents as per job requirement.
• Accountable for the maintenance activities of all plant equipment.
• Accountable for installation and modification jobs for assigned EMOC’s.
• Adhere to safety, environment and quality policies and programs of company.
• Reports faults and identifies requirement for overhauls.
• Following procedures for blinding, isolations, and assist in troubleshooting of equipment issues.
• To cover Mechanical Foreman duties, when delegated.
• Assist National Trainees for their development.
Completion of at least Secondary education (12 years), followed by either completion of an OJT program or related vocational training program (TAFE).
• Minimum 5 years’ direct maintenance experience as Mechanical Technician in a reputable Oil & Gas/LNG company, or within the Oil & Gas sector. • Experience in Installation, Commissioning, Start-up and Preventive/Corrective maintenance of all mechanical equipment used in the Oil and Gas industry. • Familiar with P&IDs, PFDs, GA and Cross sectional Drawings. • Able to use mechanical measuring and hydraulic tools. • Conversant with the Mechanical Seal Piping plans. • Hands-on experience with maintenance / overhauling of all rotating (Pumps, Compressors, Blowers, etc.) and static equipment (Heat Exchangers, Furnaces, Columns, etc.).