You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Senior Safety Officer
Safety Environment and Quality
Ensure the implementation of SEQ programs to provide a safe and environmentally compliant work environment for Qatargas and contractor personnel in all onshore and offshore locations and assist in the supervision of Technicians and Trainees.
Key Accountabilities :
1. Coordinate and plan the activities of SEQ personnel in order to provide for the delivery of approved SEQ programs.
2. Develop, recommend and conduct training programs in safety principles and practises.
3. Ensure the effectiveness and on demand use of SEQ equipment and facilities are kept in the best working condition by coordinating and monitoring preventive maintenance programs in order to ensure optimum operational status and readiness for use.
4. Coordinate the implementation of the “permit to work” system, covering hot maintenance work and vessel entry procedures.
5. Act as a source of guidance in investigating incidents and participate in the preparation, review and assessment of statistics.
6. Inspect new projects construction/installation work to ensure contractor personnel are aware of, and comply with Qatargas SEQ practices and regulations.
7. Ensure that adequate stocks of SEQ related and emergency equipment and protective clothing are equipped at all times.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a Science discipline. Proficient in written and spoken English. Computer literacy (MS Office) including the use of software applications. Developed interpersonal, analytical and planning skills.
Minimum 8 years’ varied experience in Safety operations within the Oil and Gas industries.