You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
• Develop and maintain accurate cost estimates ranging from high level concept and order of magnitude estimates, through to detailed bid check estimate to support the Management of Change Process in selecting viable projects and to support the budget management process.
Key Job Accountabilities :
1. Prepare project and study estimates to the required level of accuracy for onshore, offshore and subsea facilities, both brownfield and greenfield to support E&V Management with evaluation of the commercial viability of each project in accordance with QG procedures governing management of change and making investment decisions.
2. Produce cost estimates with accuracy level corresponding to each project phase from high level concept, or order of magnitude estimates, through to detailed bid check estimate.
3. Develop capacity factored estimates and location factor adjustments to achieve desired level of accuracy of the estimates in line with QG procedural requirements.
4. Assess project scope and main components to develop consistent ''building block'' estimates for each concept under consideration to ensure estimates are consistent with each other and over time are fine-tuned to make best allowance for local conditions and variations due to location, type of activity and/or contractor capability available.
5. Ensure completeness of inputs by producing and/or verifying detailed quantity take offs from engineering documents and liaison with engineering and design teams to produce accurate estimates.
6. Perform uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimates, reflecting analysis of project risks to provide additional data to aid management decision making in establishing the viability of a project.
7. Obtain budgetary quotes as required and check actual quoted material/equipment prices against norms and other data for estimating purposes only.
8. Develop and maintain local cost estimating procedures and systems in line with industry standards and internal guidelines.
9. Establish process to collect actual cost performance, condition and normalise data for future use, develop metrics and benchmarking information.
10. Prepare benchmarking against historical performance, industry norms and established KPI's with a view to make adjustments to norms and factors and enhance estimate accuracy.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent.
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience in project controls activities, including at least 3 years in estimating and 3 years in Petrochemical or Industrial projects. • Proficient in written and spoken English. • Computer literate and proficient in the use of Estimating software and norms. • Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at different organisational levels. • Requires strong analytical, organisational and planning skills. • Experience of risk based and probabilistic cost estimation techniques. • Knowledge of stage gate project delivery process and the ability to deliver structured cost estimates appropriate to each phase, Brownfield and Greenfield onshore and offshore projects. • Ability to deliver benchmarking exercises utilising internal and industry wide data.