You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
LNG Value Chain
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Senior Technician (Rigging& Lifting)
Apply trade skills to routine/ non-routine plant maintenance, installation and repair of equipment within allocated timeframes, whilst adhering to safety procedures.
1. Carry out routine / non routine plant maintenance, installation and repair activities.
2. Responsible for completing work according to allocated timeframes and to high craft standards.
3. Provide coaching to technicians and monitor progress in order to meet agreed work schedules and deadlines.
4. Identify potential problems and resolves if able to or escalates when necessary.
5. Ensures proper and adequate supplies of spare parts and consumables are available for planned activities in order to maintain continuity of work progress.
6. Inspect received equipment, ensure correct consignments are received and prepare work/discrepancy reports.
7. Maintain tools and equipment in optimum condition.
8. Attend to routine/emergency callouts outside working hours.
9. Ensure the workplace is kept clean, prepare work permits and ensure that work is carried out in a safe manner as per company procedures.
Completion of secondary school, followed by vocational training program (TAFE)
Required a two year technical / vocational program and 5 years’ direct maintenance experience of which 3 years’ experience as a technician within the oil and gas industry. Established technical skills. Good command of written and spoken English.