You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
LNG Value Chain
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Facilities & Discipline Engineering
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is the technical expert on Static Mechanical and package Equipment. Provides overall static and package equipment technical leadership and expertise.
Supports all technical aspects related to new and existing QG Static Equipment. Acts as a subject matter expert during Formal Risk Assessments and Root Cause Failure Analysis with respect to static equipment issues. Ensures that the Static Equipment design for new ordered Equipment meet the, safety, environmental, operational, quality, cost, design, and schedule objectives as per QG Assets’ interest.
• Responsible for all aspects of static/package equipment, design, required modifications, integrity assessment, procurement support, installation support, commissioning, and start-up planning support, for both existing and new Equipment.
• Acts as a responsible Engineer for Mechanical MOCs feasibility studies (Management of Change).
• Provide Mechanical engineering oversight, leadership and direction to the engineering team.
• Review Mechanical design deliverables and documents related to Static Equipment.
• Ensure compliance with Company Technical Integrity and SHE standards.
• Advise on use of standards, practices and design guidelines.
• Work with stakeholders to ensure project requirement and technical assurance are maintained.
• Promote safety and environmental responsibility in all aspects of the equipment and systems design.
• Ensure that the equipment design meets the approved project specifications, industry standards and functional requirements including compliance with Company Project Principles, Engineering Technical Practices and associated guidelines.
• Set direction and provide oversight of the Engineering Contractor & Equipment Vendors.
• Able to perform the following :
o Prepare calculation sheet of pressure vessel, S/T heat exchanger, API tank
o Prepare engineering drawing (general assembly drawing) of pressure vessel, S/T heat exchanger, API tank.
o Check shop (fabrication) drawings of pressure vessel, S/T heat exchanger, API tank.
o Prepare requisition for PV, S/T heat exchanger, API tank, Fired Heaters and other static equipment.
o Carry out Technical Bid Evaluation for PV, S/T heat exchanger, API tank, Fired Heaters and other static equipment.
o Carry out the Vendor Document Review for PV, S/T heat exchanger, API tank and other static equipment.
o Build 3D model through modeling software such as PDS, PDMS or Smart Plan 3D.
• When required he can set clear direction with respect to Mechanical static equipment issues and delivery of engineering in accordance with project schedule.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
• Minimum of eighteen (18) years broad experience in all project phases i.e. FEED, detailed engineering, and construction, with at least five (5) years in a similar senior position with LNG/Refinery plants handling all types of Static Equipment like PV, S/T heat exchanger, API tank, Fired Heaters and more.