You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
LNG Value Chain
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Senior Logistics Officer
Offshore - Operations North
Plan, control and coordinate all activities related to helicopter, supply, and safety standby vessels for marine traffic between land base, NFB and remote platforms.
Key Job Accountabilities:
• Administer the provision of sea transport services to transfer materials and passengers, including the coordination of boat movement locally between remote platforms. Plan the schedules of vessels to transport materials to Ras Laffan.
• Coordinate the helicopter booking for passenger on the platform, rig and marine fleet as applicable; to transport them to Doha, including receiving requests for platform visits, checking availability of space and entering reservation in the Company’s computerized tracking system. Establish priorities with the concurrence of Offshore Installation Manager in case of heavy demand for flights.
• Plan, schedule and coordinate all helicopter infield movements needed to shuttle personnel and material to and from remote platforms. Keep accurate fuel inventory records and confirms quality to ensure refueling capability is upheld. Authorizes helideck clearance prior to all landings; supervises all refueling activity and complies with the helicopter landing procedures needed to ensure this operation stays safe.
• Facilitates the biannual inspection and re-certification of helifuel system by the external certification authority in accordance with CAP347 as well as civil aviation authority requirement.
• Supervises all loading and offloading of freigjt, supplies and materials, utilizing lifting equipment as necessary. Oversee crane operations to ensure proper procedures are used based on the type of cargo shifted. Control and account for International Maritime Dangerous Goods IMDG regulations.
• Plan and supervise all rigging and scaffolding activities throughout the platforms, ensuring compliance to standards and procedures. Provide assistance to third party biannual inspection of all lifting equipment and coordinate all defects found.
• Responsible for the allocation of rooms and beds within the living quarters platform. Maintains accurate records of all people and allocations. Monitor the performance of the catering contractor and resolves all catering issues in a timely manner with the objective of maintaining the high standards set both in quality and food preparation hygiene.
• Organize and execute the required mandatory training for the new deck crews, crane operators and Helicopter Landing Officers HLOs. Arrange to renew the job certification of banksman and crane operators/HLOs.
• Technical Diploma or HND in engineering or similar. • International maritime organization IMO certificate for transportation and handling of dangerous/hazardous goods by sea preferred. • International air transport association IATA certificate for transportation & handling of dangerous /hazardous goods by air preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years ‘ experience in offshore logistics ( Marine and Helicopter). • Varied experience in handling materials, hazardous chemicals, equipment and logistics activities in supporting offshore operations.