You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
LNG Value Chain
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Waste Management Analyst
• Co-ordination for implementation of Waste Management Program to ensure the Qatargas Waste Management system complies with local, state and international regulations.
Key Job Accountabilities :
1. Coordinates waste management operations activities related to collection, transportation, storage and disposal of waste. Oversees the day to day operation of the Waste Management facilities and activities ensuring safe, reliable and environmentally sound operations.
2. Provides inputs and supports development and implementation of Qatargas Waste Management Systems, Strategy and Corporate Waste Management Procedure. Develops Standing Instructions, Operating Guides and relevant documentation and coordinates data reporting and document management activities for the department..
3. Maintains communication with Assets to oversee plan out and execution of waste management activities on site. Communicates waste management requirements and actual work planning with Operations and Maintenance supervisors, aligned to agreed work plan.
4. Leads implementation of the Waste Management and safety guidelines for the field locations and facilities; participates in safety reviews as required for waste facilities. Ensures all equipment under the control of the Waste management operates at maximum efficiency and ensures all safety controls in place.
5. Provides technical expertise and supports planning and implementation of the waste treatment activities at Qatargas. Regularly visits facilities and engages in actual work performed.
6. Provides required planning, preparation and job execution support to Turnarounds ensuring timely mobilization of additional waste management contractor manpower and provision of 24 hours service. Coordinates activities on site supporting senior members of the team.
7. Engages with all Waste Management contractors to ensure operational performance. Supports management of Waste Management Contract related issues. Reviews Contractor Method Statements, JSA, permits, waste management plans; invoices for the department.
8. Develops and supports roll out and implementation of waste management awareness programs and initiatives supporting organisational performance. .
9. Maintains all waste management documentation and correspondence in line with Company standards.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science.
• 6 years’ varied environmental/waste management experience including at least 3 years’ experience within the Oil & Gas industry. • Strong demonstrated knowledge of environmental and Waste Management issues. • Proficient in written and spoken English. • Computer literacy (Excel and PowerPoint, database and graphic packages) including use of SAP, understanding of e-PTW, e-IWTF and other applications. • Well-developed presentation skills. • Independent, able to work under minimum supervision. • Ability to work under tight timelines in sometimes high pressure situations. • Manage and coordinate a highly skilled group to deliver the most practical economic results. • Good leadership and adaptability to work in a multicultural environment, with wide exposure to various cultures and customs.