You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
LNG Value Chain
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Competence & Perf. Management Specialist
Provides specialist services in matters relating to technical and behavioural competence framework development, performance management across Qatargas and maintenance of SAP Talent Management.
Key Job Accountabilities :
1. Advise and assist the business to implement the Company Performance Management Cycle according to the ‘Employee Performance Management System’ Policy and provide them with the proper KPI related data progress to date to ensure Corporate KPIs and targets are achieved.
2. Identifies opportunities to improve organizational performance and presents recommendations for changes that ensure best practice.
3. Plans and coordinates the Technical Competence Development process to ensure all individual positions in the Company have current and concise profiles with Competence Level Required, (CLRs).
4. Implement the Competence Framework with the involvement of the line by providing advice and recommendations to periodically review and/or update the Framework.
5. Trains, facilitates, advises and provides support to Line Supervisors in setting up the Technical Competence (CLR) and the assessment of Competence Level Demonstrated (CLD) and how to address identified competence gaps of employees to maintain alignment of employees’ technical competences with job requirements.
6. Coordinate the periodic review, verification and realignment of CLRs for Behavioural and Technical Competences and take corrective measures, where applicable, so as to continuously keep pace with best practices in relevant areas.
7. Plans, trains and provides hands-on tutorial sessions to employees on the functionality and utilisation of the Company’s online appraisal tools to ensure its efficiency and resolves any related issues.
8. Facilitates the investigation of employees’ appeals regarding their performance ratings and prepare the appeal cases for managerial and panel review.
9. Advise Line Departments in the completion of the ‘Performance Improvement Plans’ for employees whose current performance rating has been unsatisfactory and ensure adherence or compliance is in accordance with the EPMS Policy.
10. Facilitates and implements activities designed to establish the Qualification Catalogue and all other related tasks and activities for the SAP Talent Management.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent
8 years’ experience either in Competence Development, Performance Management or Talent Management. Able to lead and facilitate meetings and negotiate outcomes with senior staff. Computer literacy (MS Office applications) including good spread sheet, word processing and presentation skills. Demonstrates the emotional intelligence and interpersonal skill required to lead meetings and negotiate outcomes with all levels of staff. Excellent skills in written and spoken English.