You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
• Lead and direct the Company Response Management strategy at strategic and tactical levels to ensure response preparedness in the event of an incident/emergency.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Ensures effective tactical and strategic leadership at different Emergency Response Command levels of Company Response Organisation to resolve crisis / emergencies through the development of plans and procedures, scenarios and exercise and training packages for all emergency tiers (tier 1, 2 and 3).
2. Facilitates and maintains Company Emergency / Crisis Response Coordination efforts to ensure alignment of emergency / crisis response philosophies and procedures between the Company operating assets, projects, shutdown team and external agencies in order to co-ordinate response efforts and exchange of personnel and equipment.
3. Plans for consistent approaches in the management of crisis / emergency aspects to ensure that adequate mitigation are in place to ensure organisational response readiness by analysing different emergency response parameters through research, reviews, audits, test (exercises / drills) and determine actions to enhance system effectiveness.
4. Reviews and advises amendments to Emergency Management Services (EMS) division’s strategic plans, emergency response & training procedures based on regulatory changes, technological changes, or knowledge gained from outcomes of previous emergency situations and identifies the risks of EMS division processes by reviewing and assessing the processes and develop systems by taking corrective actions as needed.
5. Reviews and approves specifications for Fire Safety, Fire & Emergency Training, Emergency & Crisis systems & functions to ensure that all new construction, renovation, and improvements meet International standards.
6. Implements the Fire and emergency training to up keep the competencies of emergency responders at the Strategic & tactical level to respond to different type of emergencies within the complex Qatargas facilities.
7. Verifies the existing contracts related to Response Management, training is executed in compliance with company policies & procedures and assures contracts are renewed in a timely manner to ensure business continuity.
8. Leads the integrated emergency management approaches between Company, Qatar Petroleum (QP) and all agencies for the department.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Occupational Health and Safety, Environment studies or equivalent
• 10 years’ experience in Crisis Management or Emergency Response in the oil and gas industry including onshore and offshore operations including 3 years’ supervisory experience. • Knowledge of the current national and international codes and standards related to Emergency Response. • Experience of Emergency Response achievement and / or training. • Computer literate, familiar working with Microsoft office applications. • Strong written and spoken English; confident and clear presentation development and delivery. • Strong problem solving and analytical skills. • Able to lead scenario identification sessions