You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Senior Commercial Analyst (Commercial Analysis)
Economic Evaluation and Business Excellence
• Conducts economic analysis to support the different Commercial and Shipping Group departments. This includes the support of the Long term LNG Marketing Sales team for the conclusion of long-term LNG sales; other value-adding business opportunities and development of the Qatargas annual LNG Marketing Strategy.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Perform analyses of new long-term LNG sales opportunities with respect to pricing or any other relevant terms and conditions within assigned area of responsibility and respond with timely and accurate results; validations or recommendations for supervisor review.
2. Monitor assigned markets to support long-term LNG price reviews through management of specialised models and research / review of the relevant public data sources as well as support the validation of price review market studies performed by external consultants.
3. Provide bespoke analyses for the evaluation of other long-term business opportunities in the Qatargas LNG value chain for management consultation and peer review.
4. Analyse long-term market fundamentals including the competitive landscape as a critical input into the development of Boards-required QG LNG Marketing Strategy and assist the formulation of action proposals with Marketing Long Term Sales.
5. Maintain the assigned area of the QG Work Plan & Budget set of LNG price and volume assumptions that will be provided to Finance group for the annual QG Work Plan & Budget revenue projection exercise.
6. Compile briefings intended for COO, CEO and QP on industry counterparts.
7. Document and analyse business processes as an input into the development of business systems by external vendors in liaison with them and IT Department.
8. Conduct the prescribed reviews of the section’s economic evaluation tools and guidelines to ensure their ongoing accuracy and relevance including documentation of results.
9. Contribute to the review of studies produced within the Commercial Analysis section per the prevailing guidelines to ensure accuracy and robustness of results.
10. Compile economic modelling assumptions and inputs from the responsible QG functions such as Planning & Allocation; Shipping and Finance. Perform economic analyses (including the development of adhoc models) to support other C&S departments.
• Bachelor degree in Business, Economics, Finance or other relevant field
• 8 years professional experience in an analytical or marketing role in the hydrocarbon industry including 2 years in a LNG corporation. • Robust knowledge of all aspects of economic analysis, controls systems, financial reporting and project management. • Good understanding of energy markets in general and LNG market fundamentals in particular • Excellent written and spoken English with the ability to develop and present formal presentations to internal, external and senior audiences. • High levels of computer proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as is the ability to develop, implement and maintain models and information management systems. • Strong skills in economic modelling, presenting, gas; LNG and wider energy market supply / demand fundamentals. • Competent in contracting and developing commercial agreements, as well as commercial project management