You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
LNG Value Chain
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Senior Network Engineer
Support major functions and provide detailed and in depth specialized IT technical expertise to maintain Network support environment and to check that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities:
1. Investigate operational issues, problems and requests for support, in coordination with colleagues and other stakeholders, seeking effective solutions. Analyzes underlying issues and their root causes, and identifies available options for resolution.
2. Responds to requests for support by means of making system modifications, developing work-arounds, manipulating data, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users, producing documentation, or escalating requests to development team or software suppliers.
3. Monitors progress of requests for support and ensures users and other stakeholders are kept informed. Takes corrective action to avoid or minimise delays.
4. Performs moderately complex software modifications independently or works with colleagues on larger or more complex software, specifies user interfaces, including inputs, reports, validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, security and audit controls, recovery routines and contingency procedures.
5. Carries out routine configuration, installation and reconfiguration of Business Applications, Database Management Systems, and related Tools & Technologies.
6. Coordinates with colleagues and other stakeholders to specify data, data objects and information flows that align with the needs of the business.
7. Defines, documents and executes medium-scale projects, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks and issues which might impact on the success of the project.
8. Prepares and maintains realistic project schedules (showing tasks and dependencies) and quality plans and tracks all activities against them, providing regular and accurate reports as appropriate.
9. Ensures compliance with information security policies and standards. Assesses configurations and security procedures for adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
10. Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, policies and procedures.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or other relevant discipline.
• Must have at least 8 years’ of IT experience (ideally within Oil & Gas industry) • Competent knowledge in core skill applications, tools, and techniques • Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards • Demonstrated experience in project management • Demonstrated experience in IT support environment • Excellent written and spoken English • Strong project management skills • Strong interpersonal skills • Strong analytical problem-solving skills • Specialized technical expertise and broader IT knowledge • Compliance to risk, security and continuity management principles