You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
• Provide support to the NFE Shipping Team to deliver an expanded, efficient and flexible Qatargas LNG Fleet that effectively and efficiently meets Qatar’s LNG shipping demand for 110 MTPA resulting from the NFE project, while also addressing various structural changes occurring in the coming years such as QG1 expiration, Buyer’s Transported SPA expirations and other QP projects.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Support all analytical work associated with the ~ 60 vessel acquisition effort for the North Field Expansion, existing vessel replacements and other initiatives. To inform and support all vessel acquisition decisions, provide supporting analysis process (model) that provides long-term shipping cost projections for the full Qatari LNG fleet. The analysis must cover variables such as ship size, fuel consumption, trade patterns, synergies across multiple production sources, etc.
2. Provide a wide range of analytical work to the NFE Shipping Team to support operational, commercial and economic decisions related to technology selection, contractual structures, ownership structures, shipping market industry, and various other items associated with the future of the Qatar fleet. Participate in Logistics Simulation modelling to the extent appropriate.
3. Support the economic and analytical work in support of contractual negotiations with shipyards and ship owners, including commercial support and analysis for all tender evaluations.
4. Work with external contractors as necessary to deliver analytical, commercial other support as required.
5. Periodically engage with key personnel major NFE stakeholders including technical staff from the NFE Project team, Qatargas Operating Company, Qatar Petroleum and other shareholders to ensure buy-in and support of all major factors of the fleet expansion effort.
6. Coordinate initiatives and manage interfaces as required.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marine Transportation, Marine Engineering, or Business Administration
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in industry, preferably in the energy sector. • Excellent analytical skills with an understanding of financial analysis and economic concepts. Strong MS Excel skills are required. • High degree of flexibility and ability to demonstrate conceptual thinking skills. • Good written and spoken English skills, strong skills in report writing and presentations. • Good time management, leadership, developmental and interpersonal skills. • Basic understanding and knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental Standards as they relate to the oil & gas industry and the marine environment. • Basic knowledge of gas/oil industry bodies, National and International maritime and shipping regulations