You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Senior Electrical Technician
Operations Technical Support
• Carry out the Installation, Commissioning, Start-up, Preventive and Corrective Electrical maintenance activities of all plant equipment/systems, adhering to company’s SE&Q policy.
• Prepare PTW/JSA, TBT and other supporting documents as per job requirement.
• Accountable for the maintenance activities of all electrical field equipment.
• Accountable for installation and modification jobs for assigned EMOC’s.
• Adhere to safety, environment and quality policies and programs of company.
• Reports faults and identifies requirement for overhauls.
• Implementing isolation and de-isolation of electrical equipment.
• Maintenance of UPS, Battery chargers, Electrical Monitoring & Control Systems (ELICS)
• To read and review electrical drawings for maintenance and troubleshooting requirements.
• Support RCFA and MOC studies
• To cover Electrical Foreman duties, when delegated.
• Assist National Trainees for their development.
Completion of at least Secondary education (12 years), followed by either completion of an OJT program or related vocational training program (TAFE).
• Minimum 5 years’ direct maintenance experience as Electrical Technician in a reputable Oil & Gas/LNG company, or within the Oil & Gas sector. • Experience in Installation, Commissioning, Start-up and Preventive/Corrective maintenance of all types of Electrical equipment used in the Oil and Gas industry. • Familiar with P&IDs, PFDs and knowledge to read line diagrams. • Hands on experience to work on Transformers, HV/LV motors, Switchboards and equipment. • Experience on Electrical Monitoring & Control System (ELICS) will be an added advantage.