You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
LNG Value Chain
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Head of Well Operations
Well and Production Management
• To lead and coordinate planning and implementation of all well work operations in production and injection wells operated by Qatargas Company. Meeting the Company’s target in an engineered and in the most cost-effective manner while maintaining the highest level of safety, environmental and security compliance.
Key Job Accountabilities :
1. Supervise the activities of assigned personnel in the Well Operations section of the Well Intervention Division to ensure completeness in a timely manner.
2. Adopts the role of coach and aligns personnel with organizational goals to avoid re-work and maximize efficiencies. Develops competencies of subordinates to target level.
3. Drive Qatargas Incident and Injury Free (IIF) Safety Culture through his direct reports, contractors and services companies. Demonstrates commitment to QG safety programs. Implements “checks” and feedback loops to ensure his section is at all times compliant to QG standards, processes and procedures.
4. Practice and propagate safe well intervention and control culture among his staff. Recommend appropriate training and refresher courses to update on this issue.
5. Accountable for planning and execution of all rigless wellwork in QG wells in a safe and efficient manner.
6. Accountable for planning and execution of all well maintenance wellwork and integrity related wellwork activities in QG wells in a safe and efficient manner.
7. Ensure appropriate barrier philosophy on wells and be responsible, directly or indirectly, for well control for the wells under interventions and maintenance.
8. Ensuring that all critical operating positions are filled by competent staff who are appropriately trained.
9. Review operations priorities, plans and schedules to ensure that personnel, equipment, supplies, and services are available when needed.
10. Supervision of contract support personnel, development and tracking of wellwork KPI’s, development and stewardship of plan / budget, QA/QC of data collection, mentoring, and interfacing with stakeholders.
11. Manage technologically complex wellwork ensuring safety of Qatargas specialists and contractor personnel exposed to hazardous toxic gas.
12. Review and endorse Standard WellWork Intervention Manual (SWIM). Ensure all wellwork programs and procedures are technically sound and in accordance with QG and International standards. Ensure approved wellwork procedures are available and resources are in place to perform wellwork activities safely and efficiently.
13. Implements safety leadership and business judgement when planning, endorsing and reviewing wellwork activities. Work is subject to review and direction by Division Manager.
14. Monitor and control wellwork expenses to ensure no cost overrun with respect to allocated budget.
15. Drive continuous improvement initiatives through application of state-of-the-art technology and practices or through work process improvements to ensure safe, reliable and efficient wellwork operations.
16. Collaborate with Onshore and Offshore Operations, Maintenance Project teams, Drilling & Completions, Petroleum Engineering, SEQ, Warehouse and other disciplines to maximize well utilization, minimize well downtime, and efficient execution of wellwork activities.
17. Ensures support to new Projects during project planning phase and initial start-up to ensure compatibility with QG design requirement.
18. Interface between Shareholders and the Division in order to ensure alignment, proper support, and timely communication. Ensure Bi-annual Surveillance meetings address the needs of both the Shareholders, Stakeholders and the Division, and are conducted as per QG policies.
19. Ensures all operation staff have valid IWCF certification. Ensure the Well Control and Blowout Prevention plan in QG is up-to-date and in line with international standards to ensure prevention and/or preparedness for response to any well incident.
20. Mentor, train, develop and transfer technological expertise to National Engineers.
21. Wellsite visits required both Offshore and Onshore (80% in the office and 20% at site).
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Petroleum, Natural Gas, Mechanical).
• 15 years’ experience in wellwork operations in the oil and gas industry, including at least 5 years’ experience in rigless wellwork. • Minimum 5 years’ experience in supervisory level in wellwork operations. • Offshore experience is a must. • Knowledge and understanding of the following well engineering disciplines: Wellhead, Tree & Surface Equipment, Subsurface Equipment, Cased hole and Production Logging, Well and tubular design, Rigless wellwork equipment including Pressure Control Equipment, Well Barrier requirement. • Knowledge of software applications related to subsurface data acquisitions. • Knowledge of well integrity management: sustained casing pressure management and leak off testing. • Proficient in written and spoken English. • Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at several levels. • Well-developed leadership skills with the ability to lead a workforce of around 50 people (team of engineers, well operations specialists, contractors and consultants). • Excellent analytical, interpretative and constructive thinking skills. • Computer literacy