You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Able to make a discipline technical contribution in a field of engineering. An individual at this level is expected to work with limited supervision and undertake specific tasks that have limited impact. They should be able to carry out data acquisition and analyses independently.
Each job is accountable for the accomplishment of a number of important end results; these form the accountabilities statements for the job. Accountabilities deal with the nature of the position itself and not the person. A position’s accountabilities do not change unless the job itself changes. As a statement, they are timeless until the job is modified.
1. Develop, check/verify and report Budget, Commitment, VOWD, Forecast and Contingency usage figures for Projects to ensure accurate and timely reporting to support management decision making.
2. Monitor Contractor reporting processes in accordance with Company policies and Procedures to enable seamless project execution and timely and accurate reporting.
3. Monitor, analyse and challenge Contractor Cost information, Change Order and Trend estimates and assist in assessment and challenge of Contractor claims.
4. Check & verify invoices/progress payments, timesheets & plant/equipment usage reports to ensure application of adequate controls for project related cash payments.
5. Assist in preparation of E & V annual budget forecasts to support Company annual budgeting process.
6. Develop and maintain Project Work Breakdown Structures, Cost Breakdown Structure, and CTR's (Cost Time Resource Registers) as required in accordance with Company procedures and management expectations to enable correct coding and benchmarking of the Project activities.
7. Produce monthly Project Cost reports, to track Budget, VOWD, Commitments, Final Cost Forecast and perform trending and variance analysis. Develop and maintain Project Cost "S" Curve & Cost phasing to enable management cost reporting.
8. Develop and maintain AFE's and Cost Centre structures enabling correct cost coding and allocation internally in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
9. Develop, monitor & track Owners costs for individual projects to ensure completeness of cost information for management reporting.
10. Calculate Project progress based on available information including progress reports, deliverable registers, CTRs, etc. in order to analyse and challenge contractor VOWD reports.
• Proficient in written and spoken English.
• Computer literate and proficient in the use of MS Excel and SAP.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at different organisational levels.
• Requires strong analytical, organisational and planning skills.
• Knowledge of stage gate project delivery process and the ability to deliver structured schedules and plans appropriate to each phase, Brownfield and Greenfield onshore and offshore projects.
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Degree in Engineering or Science majoring in Engineering in the area of specialization from an accredited university.
Minimum with 6 years’ experience in an oil and gas environment for external. Attain and maintain competence in accordance with the technical competence framework requirements. Completed all foundation /introductory technical and behavioural training. Conversant with specifications of company, national and international bodies. Fluent in English language (demonstrated verbal and written skills). Computer literate and knowledgeable in relevant software tools and specifications.