You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Develop and maintain accurate project schedules and plans at various phases of Projects; analyse and review the progress, review and comment on contractor planning and progress procedures and reports.
1. Develop procedures for implementation on small projects.
2. Prepare technical reports on small technical studies or projects.
3. Undertake independent studies, analysis, interpretations and make conclusions on small projects and tasks.
4. Assist senior engineers in complex analyses and assignments.
5. Understand and implement all relevant policies and procedures of company, to ensure that all work meets the required standards.
6. Understand and utilizes the relevant Qatargas management control systems.
7. Liaison effectively with relevant stakeholders as required.
8. Develop own knowledge and skills base through attendance on mid-level training courses.
Each job is accountable for the accomplishment of a number of important end results; these form the accountabilities statements for the job. Accountabilities deal with the nature of the position itself and not the person. A position’s accountabilities do not change unless the job itself changes. As a statement, they are timeless until the job is modified.
1. Develop, implement and maintain Project Planning & Scheduling strategy, plans and procedures, reflecting both Company and contractor roles & responsibilities.
2. Develop preliminary schedules and establish key dates for all phases of E&V Projects (Tendering, FEED and Execution).
3. Review and analysis of Contractors’ initial Planning Package (Schedules, Network, CPA, procedures etc.)
4. Establish and maintain overall integrated schedule for the E&V Project portfolio
5. Analyse monthly schedule submittals and prepare input into overall monthly Project reports consistent with the overall Project reporting system.
6. Carry out Schedule Risk Analysis. Identify schedule slippages and potential slippages and develop and propose mitigation actions.
7. Review and analyse Contractor proposed revised schedules, recovery plans and extension of time claims through CPA and other tools.
8. Conduct regular site visits to assess the project progress.
9. Provide support to verify claimed monthly progress against invoices, variations and change orders.
10. Coordinate with the Cost Control function within the Project Management team and contractors, to ensure that project cost phasing is kept up to date in line with current forecasts.
11. Prepare the Integrated Planning / Scheduling contribution to the Monthly Project Report and specific reports / presentations.
Degree in Engineering or Science majoring in Engineering in the area of specialization from an accredited university.
6 years’ experience in an oil and gas environment for external. Proficient in written and spoken English. Computer literate and proficient in the use of Primavera P6 and MS Project. Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at different organisational levels. Requires strong analytical, organisational and planning skills. Knowledge of stage gate project delivery process and the ability to deliver structured schedules and plans appropriate to each phase, Brownfield and Greenfield onshore and offshore projects. Attention to detail Ability to work to tight deadlines.