You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Senior Project Controls Engineer
Implement and monitor the execution of the primary procedures and specifications for Project Cost Control and Reporting to Qatargas management and associated shareholders and stakeholders . As a well-developed professional engineer will contribute extensively to a single discipline and to multi-disciplinary projects within the area of specialization with a high degree of independence. The individual is also expected to develop a broad understanding of other relevant disciplines.
Each job is accountable for the accomplishment of a number of important end results; these form the accountabilities statements for the job. Accountabilities deal with the nature of the position itself and not the person. A position’s accountabilities do not change unless the job itself changes. As a statement, they are timeless until the job is modified.
1. Responsible to provide Project Controls support, guidance and oversight to all Onshore and Offshore Cat III Projects
2. Responsible for oversight of development of Classified and unclassified estimates, Estimate Basis Memorandum, Estimate Confidence package, Funding & Appropriation plans, EPEP for Development Planning. Monitors and appraises performance of the FEED Contractor in the areas of cost control, progress measurement and schedule control, before it becomes critical.
3. Responsible for ensuring that proper and effective project control measures (cost, schedule, progress measurement) are incorporated in FEED ITT and conduct Bid evaluation and final Contract build-up for ensuring full compliance with corporate requirements.
4. Provides timely change management expertise to Project Teams. Maintain strict compliance with Project Management of Change process and ensure to maintain the cost & schedule within the Approved Budget.
5. Coordinates the collection, consolidation, analysis and reporting of Project cost, schedule, progress measurement and control trends to ensure overall project status is assessed, potential problem areas are identified and mitigation measures are put in place.
6. Leads development of multiple Cost/ Schedule driven Contracting Scenarios for feeding into effective Contracting Strategy workshops.
7. Interfaces with other Qatargas Groups (Finance, Administration, Management Services, Operations, Commercial and Shipping, Corporate Planning, Venture Terminals, etc.) and provides support to PMT’s.
8. Provides Cost and Schedule support to the Commercial Agreements team.
9. Participates in contract commercial bid evaluations (as required).
10. Primary resource for the Cat III Projects regarding all Project Control issues.
1. Develop project plans and schedules and execute small projects within the area of specialization with a high degree of independence.
2. Assist in project cost analysis. Monitor and minimize project related cost expenditures.
3. Perform preliminary analysis and design for all engineering projects.
4. Perform engineering surveillance and review of technical documents.
5. Assist in specialized technical and operational investigation and evaluation of complex tasks, providing recommendations on the most appropriate approach.
6. Develop a broad understanding of the key techniques and applications across the various disciplines.
7. Monitor the efficiency of systems and processes to assist management decisions and help improve efficiency.
8. Liaise effectively with relevant stakeholders as required.
9. Implement integrity and business systems.
10. Provide technical information and expertise to other disciplines, engineering and non engineering, as per requirements.
11. Mentor less experienced engineers to develop their capabilities.
Degree in Engineering or Science majoring in Engineering in the area of specialization from an accredited university
Minimum with 8 years’ experience in an oil and gas environment for external. • Proficient in written and spoken English. • Computer literate and proficient in the use of Primavera, MS Project, MS Excel and SAP. • Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at different organisational levels. • Requires strong analytical, organisational and planning skills. • Knowledge of stage gate project delivery process and the ability to deliver structured schedules and plans appropriate to each phase, Brownfield and Greenfield onshore and offshore projects. • Attention to detail • Ability to work to tight deadlines.