You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Document Control Officer
To administer the Document Control management and administration of the CAT III Project. Monitor and direct the EPIC contractor’s document control activities and progress throughout the Project to final handover and contracts closeout.
To identify, develop and implement all procedures and specifications applicable to document control activities for the project, monitoring the continuous capture and registration of documentation to the project engineering deliverable registers and to enable efficient tracking of approved documents and reporting of their status during the engineering, design, construction, commissioning and start up phases and final handover to Operations.
1. Primary focal point for managing all CAT III Project Documentation.
2. Manage all project documentation, including the processing of documents for review, vendor documentation and final handover documentation.
3. To integrate/Interface with the EPIC contractor’s document management team to assure the project receives a organized and complete record of the technical documentations generated throughout the project.
4. Direct the contractor in the preparation of Final Documentation. Manage the receipt, review and acceptance of all the Final Documentation from the Contractor and hand over of the final documentation dossiers at final acceptance.
5. Identify and anticipate on potential future problem areas and develop timely solutions.
6. Provide assistance to the project discipline groups in the preparation of ‘standard’ specifications and requirements for documentation to be supplied by contractors and suppliers.
7. Control the issue, distribution and retention of all documents generated by the Project using appropriate matrices and tracking procedures.
8. Supervise the maintenance of the project and company filing systems assuring that documentation is securely filed and readily retrievable from all project locations.
9. Maintain a full suite of management procedures for Records and Document Control to meet quality, safety and environmental standards and policies.
10. Ensure that Document Control activities comply with the Project and Company requirements by systematic audits of plans, processes and documentation.
11. Focal point of contact for all internal and external organizations with respect to Document control issues at the project location.
12. Produce various reports including analysis and trend observations of document and data development.
3 years Technical Diploma in any Engineering discipline or Bachelors Degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Business Administration or similar.
• Minimum 5 years relevant document control experience within the Oil Industry in the field of document management at various locations worldwide or petrochemical industry including 2 years expereience with information management systems. • Proven ability to plan Document Control activities and effect their implementation on a timely basis, through the various Project execution phases, in order to meet the Project’s overall documentation objectives. • Proven Experience of leading the project document control function • Ability to contribute effectively to the establishment of Policies, Plans, Procedures and working methods for a new Project. • Ability to cope in a positive and productive manner within a high-pressure environment as expected in large Projects with aggressive schedules. • Experience, ability and willingness to be a proactive influence to Project Management with regard to general Policies, Plans and Strategies in order to optimize Project execution. • Good oral communication abilities and writing skills in the English language. • Experienced with the definition, development and implementation of detailed document management processes and procedures. Expert with various proprietary EDMS’s. Experience with SharePoint and PIMS or SAP an advantage.