You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
LNG Value Chain
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Well Operations Specialist
Well and Production Management
Please note this position is on 28/28 schedule.
Provide a high level of broad technical expertise in engineering or specialised expertise in a single engineering discipline whilst ensuring the highest level of engineering integrity and reliability, and safety and environmental compliance. Incumbents have a key responsibility for developing their own expertise and developing expertise in the Company.
1. Assess project risk and consider appropriate risk mitigation solutions to prevent any potential impact on project delivery.
2. Conduct reviews of technical specifications, drawings and technical documents to ensure they reflect the engineering requirements and comply with regulatory and international standards.
3. Possess strong multi-disciplinary skills and contribute to other multi-disciplinary tasks lending expertise in area of specialization.
4. Develop guidelines in the area of expertise for investigations and evaluations.
5. Undertake project cost analysis to accurately estimate costs.
6. Test, monitor and support the improvement of efficiency of systems and processes.
7. Assist in the coordination of quality assurance / quality control functions in the section / division.
8. Assess technical deviations and recommend decisions in their specific discipline.
9. Maintain close liaison with shareholder technical staff at same level.
10. Mentor less experienced engineers to develop their capabilities.
Degree in Engineering or Science majoring in Engineering in the area of specialization from an accredited university .
Minimum 10 years’ experience in an oil and gas environment for external. Attain and maintain competence in accordance with the technical competence framework requirements Computer literate, with advanced knowledge of all relevant engineering software tools. Fluent in English language (demonstrated verbal and written skills).