You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Maintenance - Operations South
Primary purpose of the job:
Supervise a team of Technicians/Contractor in carrying out day to day civil works including structural repairs or projects in Qatargas Operations South facilities in accordance with established schedules & procedures to ensure they are operating safely and meet Company standards. This position is also required to provide technical service to support activities related to the planning, design, application, civil works, structural repair and civil projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reports to the nominated Qatargas Lead Supervisor.
• Familiar with the use of basic and advanced structural software, and able to analyze structural members and finite element.
• Analyse survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
• Plan, design and oversee construction and maintenance of building structures and infrastructure.
• Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specification.
• Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment or labour to determine project feasibility.
• Test soils and materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundation, concrete, asphalt, or steel.
• Inspect sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation.
• Ensure compliance at all times with Qatargas' Permit to work procedure, safety procedure, Environmental Health, Safety and security procedures, as well as occupational health and safety regulations.
• Conducts toolbox talk for maintenance crew and ensure safety measures are in place as stipulated in Job Safety Assessment prior to starting the job.
• Observe safety hazards, unsafe condition and near miss and report as per reporting procedure.
• Directs and provide close onsite supervision of all jobs being performed by the technicians/contractors in the assigned area within Qatargas Operations South facilities.
• Participates in site studies of critical civil works & structural studies, compiles the field data’s for further analysis and investigation.
• Provides accurate maintenance history and closeout reports; maintains a log of all completed / ongoing work as per company requirements.
• Supports other disciplines related to civil and structural works.
• Direct civil & structural related works, provide routine onsite supervision, checks work progress of subordinates and provide guidance / direction to technician in solving complex problem.
• Review work notifications, plans execution, manages work orders and ensures PPM compliance and records are updated in SAP, filed & signed as appropriate.
• Co-ordinates remedial actions for faults encountered. This includes participating in diagnosis and repair of faults and breakdowns.
• Prepares records of validation data and details of maintenance activities updates system as required.
• Compiles and submits reports on incidents and failure investigations as and when required.
• Ensure all tools equipment is available for field work team to execute the daily activities.
• Evaluates and reports on maintenance needs and priorities in his area of responsibility.
• Ability to understand technical & maintenance problems and develop a structured work pack, plan and execution
• Ensures safety of personnel and equipment through compliance with Company’s Environmental Health and Safety policies, procedures and standards.
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
• Minimum of 10 years in Oil and Gas industries in projects, maintenance and repair works experienced. Out of which, a minimum of 7 years Supervisory position in operation and maintenance in an Oil & Gas environment. Demonstrate experience of maintenance planning and management. • A minimum of 5 years work experience in designing, preparing, construction, progress monitoring, project completion and working within stipulated conditions. • Written & oral skills in English, this includes knowledge of the structure and content of the English language such as meaning and spelling of words, rules of compositions, and grammar. • Interpersonal skill and ability to work as a Leader. • Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. Includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. • Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blue prints, drawing and models. • Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics and their application. • Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, infrastructures, etc. • Have work experience/exposure with Permit to Work Systems, H2S, BA and commitment to safe work practices.