You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Qatar - A Country Transformed
Ras Laffan Helium
Ras Laffan Terminal Operations
Ras Laffan Industrial City
Qatargas' Chartered Fleet
Health and safety
Annual Sustainability Reports
For Media Enquiries
Current Open Tenders
Recently Awarded Contracts
Acceptable Banks in Qatar
Acceptable Insurance Providers
New Contractor and Supplier
Ship Contracts Specialist
• Provides specialist technical, Financial and commercial support to the Ship Contracts and Bunkering Division to develop, negotiate, execute, analyse, evaluate and implement all LNG shipping related contracts and ensure completion of all tasks required to satisfy Qatargas obligations under those contracts.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Coordinate the procurement of Marine Fuel for the Qatargas fleet and ensure its delivery in line with the Qatargas Bunker Procurement Procedure. When required or assigned, serve as the primary point of contact for all Marine Fuel deliveries on a 24/7 basis.
2. Produce Letters of Indemnity (LOI) in line with the Qatargas LOI Procedure for all Qatargas vessels, secure their approval and issue. When required or assigned, serve as the primary point of contact for all LOI matters on a 24/7 basis.
3. Maintain approved port agents and ensure they are promptly and efficiently nominated so Qatargas LNG ships efficiently transit ports & canals.
4. Complete all tasks related to Qatargas obligations and compliance monitoring under applicable shipping related contracts and any subsequent negotiations or amendments. Ensure that delivery / re-delivery notices, end-of-contract reconciliations, time charter performance warranty clauses, insurance verification, off-hire administration, bunker procurement terms, CWO terms and any other contracts under management of QG Shipping are properly managed and improvements sought.
5. Develop and ensure the approval and proper execution of Shipping-related Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Contract Work Orders (CWOs) in line with the Qatargas procurement process and TOFA.
6. Produce and distribute critical financial reports, including the Fleet Pooling reconciliation in accordance with the Fleet Pooling Agreement and associated procedure.
7. Examine draft Time Charter Party (TCP) Agreements, Sales & Purchase Agreements (SPAs), Master SPAs (MSPAs), Memorandums and Confirmation Notices (CNs) to ensure that all Shipping related information has been properly reviewed in line with existing procedures as well as any prevailing Qatargas operational and business requirements.
8. Improve shipping related projects, contracts and service agreements by examining them for improvement opportunities.
9. Maintain all documentation related to applicable responsibilities on SharePoint ensuring that information is up-to-date and available for easy access by managers and others in the Shipping Department.
10. Develop guidelines and reliable processes in line with Qatargas standards and controls. Ensure adherence to existing procedures. Identify opportunities for improvement to internal process & procedures and lead the necessary changes through implementation. Train and develop staff to perform their role in line with existing procedures and maximize competencies of their continued growth.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or shipping related discipline
• 8 years of experience in shipping related field with strong understanding of shipping contracts, terminology and fundamentals. • Prior sailing experience and experience in contract performance reviews and claims settlement. • Experience in chartering vessels, voyage and term LNG carriers • Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. • Ability to analyse and manage complex contracts. • Excellent analytical skills with a focus on Excel. • Computer Literacy (MS Office). • Self-motivated and ability to work well in a dynamic environment, under time pressures with little supervision. • Able to maintain independence and objectivity. • Able to lead and influence with tact and persuasion